Education level: Higher vocational education / university level and field experience
The certification consists of a theoretical element and a practical element. The full Lean Six Sigma certificate requires sufficient achievement in both theoretical and practical element.
Theoretical Exam Criteria
- 60 multiple choice questions per paper
- 38 marks or more required to pass
- 180 minutes duration
- Open book exam
- A laptop with statistical software (e.g. Minitab) is permitted for some exam institutions
- The exam is available in English and Dutch
- Simple calculators are permitted for this exam
- This exam can be taken online and offline
Practical Exam Criteria
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belts have to submit two practical projects that meet the following criteria:
- Two successful projects at Level-III or higher. One of the projects needs to be Level-IV or higher.
- Each project has resulted in significant savings (e.g. € 50,000.- on a yearly basis).
- Projects follow the DMAIC, DMADV or IDOV roadmap, and consists of a maximum of 25 pages. The LSSA review template can be downloaded at the LSSA website (www.lssa.eu).
- The candidate should complete the self-assessment criterion that are listed in the LSSA review template prior to submission. A detailed overview of the assessment criteria are described in Appendix A.
- Each project has been signed by the Champion and Financial controller, thereby declaring that the project is carried out professionally and that the savings have been achieved.
- Projects must be submitted no later than three years after theoretical examination.