Lean Six Sigma Black Belts are experts in executing Lean Six Sigma projects. As a program manager they are responsible for managing complex breakthrough projects and supporting improvement teams with tools and techniques. They have both skills for applying analytical tools and skills for leading change.
Education level: Higher vocational education / university level and field experience
The certification consists of a theoretical element and a practical element. The full Lean Six Sigma certificate requires sufficient achievement in both theoretical and practical element.
- Multiple choice format
- The exam is available in English and Dutch
- 60 questions per paper
- 38 marks or more required to pass (out of 60 available) – 63%
- 180 minutes duration
- Open book: only CTM reference book and training handouts (no eBook or Pdf’s)
- A laptop with statistical software (e.g. Minitab) is permitted for some exam instituions
Within 3 years after passing the theory exams, candidates are required to submit the projects. The projects will be assessed by LSSA accredited Master Black Belts.
- Two Lean Six Sigma projects per person
- Two successful projects at Level-III or higher. One of the projects needs to be Level-IV or higher
- Projects must be digitally submitted in the LSSA standard review template
- The structure must follow the DMAIC or DMADV roadmap
- Black Belt saving / cost avoidance is at least € 50,000 per year per project
- Project must be signed-off by the Champion and Financial Controller
- Projects must be in English, Dutch or German
We encourage you to have your project charter assessed in an early stage by an experienced (internal) Black Belt before you submit the project for assessment.
|Level||Lean Six Sigma Black Belt|
|Content||Skill set Lean Six Sigma Black Belt – v2.4|
Practical exam (Project appraisal)
|€ 602 p.p.
€ 602 p.p.
|Note: a special price will be offered for ATOs and their affilitates|